Saturday, July 12, 2008

Gadget Review: Keyhole Spy Tool

I recently constructed a keyhole spy tool out of a clear glass marble and paper tube. I got the idea from the Top Spy Secrets website (for link click here). I rolled a piece of paper (8 1/2" x 11", but I ended up cutting it a little smaller) into a tube and secured it with tape, rolling it to size judging by the size of my marble. Here's my end result:















Here's the pros and cons to this neat little device.

Cons:
  • Most doors are not made with keyholes anymore! But this can be used to peer through large cracks in walls, or used for other things.
  • When looking through your keyhole tool, everything will appear upside-down! This is because the marble reverses any light that passes through it.
  • Everything is a bit small, but you should be able to get a good idea of what's going on in the room.
Pros:
  • Although small, this tool is very effective and and fun to use!
  • I've tried it out myself, and believe me, this could help you out of some very tight situations!
Have fun!

4 comments:

Spy said...

Sounds neat! But if everything appears smaller, in most cases wouldn't it just be easier to use your naked eye? (pardon the expression)

Spy said...

BTW where's the link?

Josie McKay said...

Perhaps, in some cases, but in others, let's say you are trying to peer through a small round crack or hole, but can not see everything in the room. If you can fit the tool in through the crack, it could give you the entire thing.

Josie McKay said...

See where it says "for link, click here"? Click where it says, well, click here, and there you go! I know, it's confusing since all the letters are in green. I expected the link to show up in blue!